Ao Haru Ride

It's alternative title is Blue Spring Ride.

---

I will definitely call it fate for me to move my cursor towards this manga title. Out of all the different mangas on the long list, I just had to click this one. I'm also surprised why I did it, because the title doesn't look it belongs to a shoujo manga. Well, for me.

Ahh, I'm happy I was willing to give it chance. Just because the mangas that were categorized as shoujo doesn't mean that they will be read by me. I 'flipped' through the first few page and then it hit me.

This drawing is familiar. No, it wasn't familiar, I know who drew this manga. Sakisaka Io, the artist and author of Strobe Edge. And Strobe Edge is my favourite manga, and I can say it OUT LOUD that it beats Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

According to the katakana here, it says Aoharaido.

Gahh, it delighted me that it was Sakisaki Io's work. I guess she will be drawing a new manga after the end of Strobe Edge. I'm actually not sure if Strobe Edge really ended, because the status was 'Ongoing' and the story actually was left mid air, if included the side characters' story.

Same like her previous work, it's shoujo, high school and romance. I have read the available five chapters and here the synopsis :

Cute Yoshioka Futaba disliked guys during middle school except for her first love named Tanaka who was kind and soft. After some misunderstandings, the boy she liked transferred to another school and Futaba's feelings were left hanging. After three years and already in a high school, Futaba decided to 'reset' her life. She became unladylike because she was afraid to be critized by her so-called friends who thinks being cute is gross. Thanks to fate, she was able to meet Tanaka again, but he goes by the name Mabuchi Kou. Unfortunately for her, Kou said he doesn't have the same feelings for her like before. And just like her, Kou had changed his personality and is different from before. Will Futaba be able to continue her love that never started three years ago?

I don't think I'll say anything else so let's get to the characters shall we.

Yoshioka Futaba
She's your normal cute high school girl. But because of her fake friends, she decided to not attract attention of other boys. She's actually a nice girl and she will stood up for someone who's not wrong. After the mistakes she made in middle school, she tries her best to fix her life and her relationship with Tanaka/Kou.

Mabuchi Kou/Tanaka
In the begining of the story, (AHH, let's call him Kou.) Kou was describe as a petite guy who Futaba think was different from other guys. After he disappeared from Futaba's life for three years and reappears again, he changed his personality from nice to I-don't-care-about-you guy. However, he still continued being friends with Futaba and their relationship is getting closer every chapter. Or is it.

Basically, the characters you see above is Kinohita Ninako that changed her hair length and hair colour, and Ren Ichinose with curly hair and having a bad boy attitude. For your information, Ninako and Ren are from Strobe Edge. I miss Ren a lot, I love him. Boohoo, if Strobe Edge continued he will be one of my lovers.

Hold on! You thought I was done with the characters? You're wrong.

From left to down : Makita, Murao, Kominato.

These guys look like they play a big part in the manga until where I'm reading now. What is their role? I don't know.

Well, even though Sakisaka Io's art is the same (probably a little changes) from before, I think the manga is more serious than Strobe Edge. It isn't just above love love love, but also how to fit in and life. Just so you know, all the characters above are different from each other, and I think the author wants them to get along with each other. Thus, a strange friendship is borned.

The manga now only has five chapters, so I can't say it's going to be awesome or what, it's too early for that. Even if it will suck in the near future, I will continue to read Sakisaka Io's work, because all her main male character look like RENNNNN ! ;shy

I don't think I will be disappointed and I think I will enjoy it as much as Strobe Edge. Why do I say that? Because I already started loving it since the beginning.

Read this manga at Mangareader !

Ren Ichinose, you will always have a spot in my heart.

---

Oh baby baby, love love love.

What are the ingredients for the recipe called Love? Will it be delicious just after being in the oven for a mere 45 minutes? Can it be done over and over again like any other food?

- GUMMY " LOVE RECIPE " .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts about HTTYD: The Hidden World

The Handsome Side Of Biology.

Ballet Grade 6