Bon Odori 2015

Since I'm not going to do my work so here I am blogging.

---


I went to the Bon Odori festival in 2013 for the first time but it felt like forever. I forgot about the event in 2014 and was kinda disappointed about it. But then I heard that it rained during that year so I didn't feel so bad.

Man, it felt like I missed so many years of Bon Odori but in reality I just missed one. So this year, I decided to ask my university friends to come and join me. All of them never went to this festival before so I thought it would be a great experience.

Initially, my brother was supposed to follow but he bailed out in the end. Angry sad Joon is angry and sad.

One major problem was transportation. The first time I went to Bon Odori, I followed my brother's Anime Society club in his college. They provided a bus to the event and also back to campus. This time, he wasn't going and he's not active in that club anymore, so I wasn't sure if we could even tag along with them.

Since in my group of friends, I was the only one with a car, I had to drive them there. I'm not a confident driver, and I certainly don't know how to get there. But I have been looking at maps trying to know the way.

Fortunately, a friend of mine who also joined the Anime Society club in her foundation year helped me ask them if we could tag along. The club said we could register online and pay the transportation fees on the day itself.

When we arrived at the stadium, it was drizzling and but luckily I had an umbrella with me. But only I brought it so four of us had to stand under a tiny umbrella. It was better than nothing. But we didn't want the rain to stop us so we went to look at the stalls anyway.

There's still a lot of people even it was raining. I managed to get the unagi that I love, ate overpriced takoyaki and drank sake with my friend. The sake was nice. Huehuehuehuehue.

Yes, I love unagi.

 The sake comes in a square wooden cup(?). Not cheap though.

The rain did stop for a while, but then it started raining again. Fortunately it wasn't heavy but still rather inconvenient.

The one thing that I'm looking forward to do is dancing in Bon Odori. I had a blast doing it last time and it's the same too this year. I dragged my friends to join in the crowd and they said they had fun. I know for sure I did. The dance routine is the same from last year so I picked up the steps rather easily.


There was performances from our own culture and and it brings a smile to my face to see everyone dancing along as well. My feet was feeling sore so I sat and just listened to the song.

We had to gather at around 9:30PM with the Anime Society club to get our bus ride back but they had a photo session with anime clubs from other universities so we just stood there for a quite a long time.

I had fun and I definitely want to go back again next year. This year it rained for a while but still it did not stop anyone from enjoying themselves. I hope for a better weather next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts about HTTYD: The Hidden World

The Handsome Side Of Biology.

Ballet Grade 6