Change.

It's the time when I should be actually be sleeping, but screw it.

I haven't blog for a very long time and I have no excuse, bleah. Just last Saturday was my cousin's wedding and I guess many things happened lately. One thing that I'm sure is that many people injured their foot this year, I don't know why.

---

Change, many people refuse to do so because why change? If things are doing well, I guess there's no need, but if things aren't going your way, or you want to lead a different path, a change is a must. Humans are given the ability to adapt so there are humans all around the world. So change isn't a really bad thing, right?

I know I should change but I'm not gonna talk about me today. I'm talking my favourite girl group, 2NE1. And yeah, they changed.


Few days ago, 2NE1 came back by releasing their new single 'I Love You'. By looking at their teaser, listening to their short music clips, I was damn excited for their return. I liked CL the most in the photo above and do think the girls are stunning. I was dying to listen to their new song.

But I was disappointed. The whole time I was watching the MV, I was saying 'I don't like this, I don't like this.' Why? Because 2NE1 had changed their style. Their fashion sense is still different and fresh but it's their style. They had changed from fierce girl power to sexy and seducing. I hate that.


I still love 2NE1, no doubt but I really am not used to their way of presenting themselves anymore. What happened to the girls that didn't have to show their skins to attract attention? The girls that could put off wearing hip hop attire and still be cool? The girls that sang wonderful break up love songs had now surrendered and retreated by singing lyrics like 'I love you'. It's a massive change for me and unfortunately it's hard for me digest.

The four minute ten seconds video was a pure torture for me to see that the girls had changed. They had became what I feared most, like the rest of the girl groups. I'm not going to say I'm anti towards other girl groups, it's just that I don't like the way they present themselves.

Short skirts, silly winks, seducing poses, revealing skin, I hate that. They may work on men but not for me. I really dislike this kind of style, because yeah it's mainstream but I don't think this is the best way to win people's hearts. 2NE1 did fine and rised to the top, and they never did the things I mentioned about. They were different.


When will people learn that this kind of style isn't really appropriate? If I were to show a really sexy music video to a small kid, what will he/she learn? Well, I don't know a fierce girl group music video might be any better but I certainly think 2NE1 has better influence than the other girl groups.

In the sense of music, I also think 2NE1 is better than the rest. Rather than silly love songs, missing their 'oppas' or blah blah blah, 2NE1's lyrics is about standing up after a fall and moving on from mistakes in love. And yeah, their lyrics are not entirely about love as they sing about music too. Plus, every one of the songs are different from the rest. That's the specialty of 2NE1, and that's why I love them.

But now, look at them. CL and Minzy danced sexily which isn't really a surprise for me, as they danced the most. But in a seducing way! I just can't accept it. Park Bom and Dara never really did anything, so I'm not really that mad. But still, I know Park Bom shows the most skin among the four girls but seeing her left with only a shirt on a bed, really?


No doubt, Bommie has sexy legs, and I wouldn't mind if they want to show off. But I did hear from male audience that they actually thought it was hot and it might just turn them on. I'm like, what the heck? This music video is like an bonus for the music, not for turning on guys. 2NE1 never did those stuffs to attract male audience, now guys are going to look for their music videos just to 'turn them on' if they continue this way, in my opinion.

2NE1 would be counted as weird if compared to other groups, mainly because of their fashion sense. They were always quirky and strange, daring to go for different style. And I think they did so because they are in good terms with fashion designer Jeremy Scott. And yeah, 2NE1 still go for the extreme and I like them for that. I'm glad they stayed that way. NO FRILLY, CUTE DRESSES PLEASE.

Dara with her head shaved. First time I saw it, I thought she really looked like G Dragon with her long hair hanging at the side. In this MV, I think Dara remained unchanged the most but still there is. Oh, she rapped a lot too, and I think it's cool. Park Bom's part wasn't memorable for me and I'm disappointed, once again.

Oh well, CL once said that their style is always changing and that they wouldn't stick to one. I just hope they don't hang on to this style for too long. Better yet, make it for one music video only.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts about HTTYD: The Hidden World

The Handsome Side Of Biology.

Ballet Grade 6