Psycho-Pass

Seven subjects down, two more subjects to go.

I can't believe that the school closes its canteen even though there are still students going to school. There are those days when we have to stay until as late as 4.30PM and if there's no food selling in the canteen what we poor starving children are going to eat?

I know it's only Form 5 students but we're actually giving the school to earn extra money. Since our school use OUR money for useless things like painting the stairs, setting up LCD TVs where nobody will watch and more painting of useless things and decorating the toilets, it's good for them that we give more money, right?

Blargh, I'm just disappointed because I was starving after each paper today and the food sold there was limited.


---


As psychotic as it sounds, it's actually an anime.

I introduced mangas in the past before and the only anime I introduced in my blog is Guilty Crown. But I'm willing to introduce the anime Psycho-Pass very properly because so far I'm loving it very much. And I don't watch anime a lot.

This anime has lots of keywords and complicated things that needs explaining, so this will be a lengthy post. Be warned. I think this post might contain small spoilers so if you want to discover the anime yourself, stop reading this and go watch it.

Psycho-Pass isn't the usual genre I would normally be enjoying. I actually stumbled upon its manga (Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane) first. Then, I saw that it was an adaptation of the anime. Only one chapter of the manga is available and I was dying to know what happens next, so curiosity got over me and I began watching even though I have Additional Maths paper the next day.

It was like, the best guilty pleasure I ever did.


The very first moment I saw the manga's drawing, I thought 'Doesn't this look like the artwork of 'Hitman Reborn!'? I don't read Hitman Reborn! but it's so awfully similar that I went to check, but surprisingly but both manga belongs to different mangakas. I even Googled about it. But yeah, it's two different people.

There are many things in this anime that I think resembles other things. I'll explain later.

Anyway, here's the synopsis. I would do one myself but it's so complicating I might screw up. 

In the near future, it is possible to instantaneously measure a person's mental state, personality and the probability that a person will commit crimes with the technology. This is recorded and process, and the term 'Psycho-Pass' refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.

The order of the story is different between the anime and manga but they're talking about the same thing so I guess it's okay. I also preferred the manga's art more than the anime. But the anime's animation is so awesome so, both are awesome.


Everything takes place in the The Ministry of Welfare Public Safety Bureau Criminal Investigation Department, branching out to three departments: Enforcement officers, Inspection officers and Analysis Officers. Together, they team up to take down criminals (or potential ones). This anime falls in the genre mystery and psychological, focusing mainly on solving crimes. So do expect to see dead bodies, body parts, blood, disturbing images and scenes of  people driven into insanity.

Like what is stated above, it is very easy to detect one's mental state with the technology Psycho-Pass. MWPSB detects a person's crime inducement factor and it shows as 'Crime Coefficient'. If a person's Crime Coefficient is beyond the acceptable value, his Psycho-Pass color turns cloudy and judged as a 'latent criminal'. So even if you never did any crime in your whole life, just a thought of committing one will get you arrested and sent for therapy, provided your color phase is caught by street scanners which is almost every where you go.

However, a person can also increase his own Crime Coefficient by just being stressed. If you're stressed, nervous, anxious all in the same time, there is a possibility that your Crime Coefficient exceeds the limit and tadaa, you're a latent criminal. I personally think this is unfair because innocent people still can be jailed.


Sibyl is the private organization that creates and manages the Psycho-Pass system. Sibyl are the founders of the Public Safety Bureau and rule over the Enforcers and the country with an iron fist. Sibyl controls the country's system with a super computer of the same name. This computer manages all the scanners, guns and measuring systems in Japan. Sibyl determines an individual's path that will ideally bring him or her the most happiness. If Sibyl decides that you'll be a janitor, you will be cleaning toilets even if you have a high passion for gardening and clearing weeds.

I think I will be arrested long ago or probably given a death sentence if I lived in a world like that.

In MWPSB, the Enforcers do most of the actions but they're considered as 'hunting dogs'. All of the enforcers are also actually latent criminals, but they're given the job to hunt down other latent criminals. They're labeled as beasts and should not be thought as human beings. They normally solve the crimes most efficiently because they have thoughts of a criminals, making them understand a criminal's motive, tricks and schemes. But they're still labeled as latent criminals so they have no freedom, which makes me pity them.

An Inspector's job is to look after the Enforcers. To be one, you have to be intelligent and have a low Crime Coefficient. Enforcers can't act without an Inspector's approval and they can be punished if the Inspectors think they're wrong. Inspectors are advised not to have close relationships with the Enforcers.

Now, I'll introduce the characters in this anime that resembles many other different anime characters. Since even the official website introduces Shinya Kogami first, Shinya Kogami it is then.


Shinya Kogami
28 years old, Shinya Kogami works as an Enforcer. He is cool and calm, and has a high skill as a detective. He solves investigations with little difficulty and takes down latent criminals with dangerous methods. In short, he is awesomely genius, strong and fit, and is responsible for all the 'Kyaaaah's coming from my mouth. I just might love him, hmm.

To me, he resembles like one of the Hitman Reborn! characters. I don't know which one, but he really looks like one of them, right?

Akane Tsunemori
She is a 19 year old Inspector and the one of the main protagonists. She is highly intelligent as she scores well in her exams. According to Sibyl, Tsunemori is the only person in her year that is qualified to work in MWPBS. She is really hardworking but sometimes clumsy, and looks forward to have good relationships with the Enforcers. In the anime, it's like her eyes are almost falling alseep, LOL.

Nobuchika Ginoza 
Inspector Ginoza is very strict when it comes to work. He detests crimes and will do anything to get rid of them. He is hard on Tsunemori and the Enforcers, but still a brilliant officer. He's the one who label the Enforcers as 'beasts', proving that he despises latent criminals. I often confuse his voice with Kogami's.

His quiet and calm personality, pale skin and especially his hair makes me think of Sebastian from Black Butler.

Shuusei Kagari
As an enforcer, Kagari is probably the only character in the anime who has a cheerful personality. He makes jokes and is quite chatty. When it comes to work, he gets serious. I like him.

He is like the one of the Hitachiin twins from Ouran High School Host Club to me. The hair, the personality, almost every thing is similar except that he holds a gun to hunt down criminals.

Totomi Masaoka
The very experienced enforcer with an older age. It is hard to believe he's a latent criminal because he's all kind and stuff to Tsunemori, guiding her during her first day at work. He gives all the advices and has a good character. I would say he and Kogami are the best enforcers in the MWPBS.

Yayoi Kunizuka
Being the only female Enforcer, Kunizuka is very calm and rarely display any emotions. I can't really say anything because there's really nothing about her, yet. She's a mystery, mm hmm.

Shion Karanomori
A lab assistant in the Analysis department, Karanomori is also a latent criminal. She is the sexy and glamorous kind of woman, and looks kinda lazy and sluggish to me. I think she hates her work, but does it anyway.

The moment I hear her voice, I knew she is voiced by the same seiyuu that voiced Ayane Yano in Kimi ni Todoke.

Shogo Makishima
Main antagonist Makishima is the mastermind of incidents in the city. Cruel, evil and has no hesitations murdering people, he is the worst kind of villain. He is insanely genius if you ask me, because he was never caught. He has charisma and looks quite good for a bad guy, kyah!

Evil, silver haired, unstoppable. Sephiroth, DUH.

Ahh, the settings in the anime instantly reminds me of Guilty Crown. Both anime takes place in the future, and has high tech technologies. And of course, both anime has awesomely cool weapons to display.


Introducing, the Portable Psychology Diagnostic and Suppression System a.k.a the Dominator. Even the name sounds cool, wahaha.

It is a special handgun carried by Enforcers and Inspectors during assignments. The gun works only for valid users and recognizes the people holding it. 

By aiming the gun at a person, it system can instantly calculate the level of criminality the subject possesses. When this value exceeds certain levels, the gun will then be able to fire. If the level does not exceed fixed levels, the muzzle will not open and a safety device will be activated to prevent the user from pulling the gun's trigger. The gun has four modes: The Paralyser, Eliminator, Disintigrater and Lethal Decomposer.


Besides the name, I love this machine because it's just so cool to see it switch to different modes. The animation is awesome that I don't even care if it is a weapon to kill. It's like Transformers, in a gun.

I was seriously loving the anime. After the watching second episode, there's an additional factor that makes me love the anime. The ending theme 'Monster Without A Name' is sung by Chelly from EGOIST. If you're still blur, she voiced Inori Yuzuriha in Guilty Crown.


I loved the song, and I did thought that it sounded like Chelly. But the lyrics confirmed everything. I thought it I seen it somewhere so I checked the EGOIST official website, it IS the song that EGOIST is going to release this 5th of December. Kyaaaaah, there's is simply just fate between me and Chelly.


The opening theme 'Abnormalize' is also interesting for me. I think it's one of kind, compared to other shounen anime's openings. Or maybe, I just don't watch enough anime. Both songs have wonderful lyrics.

Hmm so anyway, Psycho-Pass is definitely an anime I would recommend. Sadly, it seems like it isn't really popular as Guilty Crown and Sword Art Online. Psycho-Pass already has six episodes and I just hope that it will be known soon because this anime is too good to go undiscovered just like that. Come on, Chelly is singing the ending theme!

I did lots of researches from sources like the manga, the anime, the Wikia, the official website on this post, so I would really be grateful if you really did read every word in this post and check out this anime. I am not absolutely sure the information I had given here is 100% accurate, so please forgive me if I'm wrong.

I wonder if this is the longest post I have ever wrote. It took me hours to write this, LOL.

Source:
Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane (Psycho-Pass Manga)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts about HTTYD: The Hidden World

The Handsome Side Of Biology.

Ballet Grade 6