Screens.

-insert sigh here-

I'm beginning to think that my presence in people's lives are there but close to the level of invisible. I think even my blog has more recognition than me. 

According to statistics, people came to my blog to read about Guilty Crown. I guess I did introduced the anime but not really thoroughly so I'm guilty if I ever disappoint those people.


Kyahahaha, it's so cute.

Many times, people couldn't recognize me from my Facebook profile. I don't blame them, because I guess I do look different in real life compared to my profile picture. Most students have no clue who I am because they couldn't recognize me from the photo where I usually put my hair down. I tie my hair up in school. Also, I never put my real name there so yeah, you can blame me.

-insert sob here-

And really, it happened so many times already that I didn't want to add people anymore (and including the reason I'm lazy) because there are chances I have to introduce myself and receive responds like 'Really!? You look so different.'

Then, I add my real name to my profile but still. Yesterday, a student in the same school as me asked who I am and I got so shocked and disappointed that I spammed messages at Seru's MSN but apparently I think he didn't received it and later that day he played dead.

But then I thought, I already added my real name in my profile so he could at least checked that. My photos are visible to my contacts so why is he so freakin' lazy to see my face. I think my face is quite recognizable.

*random GIF below*
OMG THE LOOK IN T.O.P'S EYES. YOU CAN'T BREAK TODAE'S BOND.
---

One day after I had an exam paper in school, I returned to home and opened the door, only to hear my aunt asking me if I could answer today's paper. I was surprised she payed us a visit and answered that it was okay, I guess.

I got into the house and saw my aunt and my mother sitting together at the dining table, looking at their respective devices in their hands, never looking away from it as I made my way through the house. My mom was probably playing games in her Galaxy Tab and my aunt doing something with her iPad. I stood for a while and stared at them, then I proceed to my bedroom upstairs.

What I'm trying to say is, after the creation of items with screens, humans are now facing the problem of their eyes glued to the screen. Look at yourself, you're reading my blog with either the computer or your mobile device.

I think it all started since the invention of television. Kids wouldn't go out and play as they rather watch cartoons. People became potato couches and more and more people became short sighted. And lazy.

Then, came the invention of mobile phones. The younger generation got addicted to texting and I can say that it isn't just this problem. Mobile phones  causes the lack of attention, which leads to many other problems. 

For an example, if you're texting while driving, there is a high chance you will run pass a red light because you're not paying attention and cars from the other direction will hit you and probably cause your death and misery of your family members. Not really a nice ending after you just texted a friend saying 'K.'


It really can't be avoided because electronic devices with screens have already replaced a lot of things in our lives. In fact, it had became a part of lives. I'm afraid it will or it already is a part of a culture of the global citizens. Imagine thousand years later where the future generation will learn history and label us as the 'people whose eyes are glued to the screens'. But then maybe the
future generation wouldn't be any better than us.

Not only our attention span is shortened, there is a beginning of lack of face-to-face communication among people. Let's say your girlfriend lives a few blocks away and before Skype existed, you will take your bike and cycle to her house and getting her flowers along the way. But now you can just chat with her through the computer screen and send her e-cards with much more prettier flowers, free of charge.

I hope my future boyfriend really makes an effort to see me though.

I wouldn't say it is a bad thing, because technology nowadays really makes communication a lot easier. If such things doesn't exist, I wouldn't even have Singaporean friends and probably the people I talked to are only my family and neighbors around my area.

I guess it does makes life easier. Probably popping out a few disadvantages here and there, but it is already a part of our lives. If all Apple products are confiscated in order to improve the people's face-to-face socializing skills, I think a war leaded by the younger generation will start and the victims will spiral into depression because they couldn't update their Facebook status.

What is done can't be undone.

---

Heh. I was helping my Audition friend, ICE finding a couple one day. He wanted a couple that plays Beat Up. So then we did a usual, create a room with the title 'Finding Beat Up Couple'.

A girl came in and we greeted nicely to her. And then she asked the most silliest question I ever heard in my whole Audition life.

'What is BU (Beat Up)?'

WHAT IS BU? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING? LIVING UNDER A SHELL BURIED BY THOUSAND POUNDS OF SAND BENEATH THE SEA BED? HAVE YOU EVER NOT BEEN CURIOUS WHAT THE ROOMS WITH YELLOW COLORED TITLES ARE? HAVE YOU ONLY BEEN HITTING KEYS WITH FOUR DIRECTIONS AND A SPACE BAR?

I couldn't stand this nonsense. I told ICE to kick her away. He did.


A HIT IN YOUR FACE !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts about HTTYD: The Hidden World

The Handsome Side Of Biology.

Ballet Grade 6