Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro

I have realize that girls, especially girls, like to post every thing about their daily life in social medias like Facebook and Twitter. I have a few friends who pretty much update every incident in their lives, sometimes flooding my timeline to the point where I get annoyed.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to share your experiences but must you really share post every single detail? I guess you would want your friends to know what you're doing and where you are but I don't think everyone is excited as you.

Examples :

'Check out my new shoes!' *takes picture*
'I'm now watching the new movie!' *takes selca with movie poster*
'I'm having steak for lunch!' *takes picture of food*
'I'm feeding my dog!' *asks someone to take a picture of you*
'This is my boyfriend!' *takes picture together x100000000000*
'Shopping at Sunway!' *takes picture of Lion Head*
'Walking at Mid Valley!' *takes picture of floor*
'It's raining!' *takes blur picture of rain because camera sucks*
'Look at this beautiful mirror in the toilet!' *takes picture of self in toilet*
'Look at this beautiful mirror in the toilet!' #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8.

I'm not joking. But certainly this doesn't apply to everyone. For me, I don't really have the need to post everything about my life. If I have a crush on someone, I wouldn't share it out to everyone either. Probably because I grew up with friends who instead of support, they tease. Which is, a very big deal if your secret is exposed. So no, I'm not going to share personal things.

Oh, and I hate when the same people keep posting quotes.

---

Hmm, I just finished watching a 12-episode Japanese drama with the same title of this blog post. Basically Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro (勇者ヨシヒコと魔王の城) means Hero Yoshihiko and the Devil's Castle. Very straight forward, isn't it. Yes, I'll be introducing this drama if you haven't realize it.


The genre of this drama is comedy and adventure. The synopsis of the drama is very simple too.

The story is set in an ancient time, when the whole country was covered in thick forests. A mysterious plague breaks out, resulting in countless deaths. A pure young man named Yoshihiko becomes chosen as a hero, and he sets out on a journey in order to save a village. He has two goals – to bring back the legendary plant that can cure the plague, and to rescue his father who left to find the plant but never returned.

I guess some of the people will wonder what link does this synopsis have with the Devil's castle, well I'll say it's because the synopsis above isn't complete. Yoshihiko does set off with his friends to find the Devil's castle and obviously, to defeat the Devil.

Anyway, I'll introduce the main characters of this drama. I apologize for not uploading a coloured version of the characters because it's hard, I mean almost impossible to find clear pictures of other characters. In the end I had to use these picture so everything looks more.. neat?

Yoshihiko (I don't think they have last names)
Yoshihiko was chosen to save his village after pulling the Izanai sword from a rock. Yoshihiko is very pure and is easily influenced by the people around him. He is kind hearted and helps everyone who needs a hand, even though they're his opponents.

Murasaki
When Murasaki first appeared, she wanted to avenge her father's death. Using only a poor illustration of her father's murderer, she thinks Yoshihiko is the culprit. Later, she joins Yoshihiko's quest because Yoshihiko wanted her to gain confidence in confirming that he's Murasaki's father's murderer. 

Danjou
Danjou is an experienced warrior and he was the first opponent that Yoshihiko faced. He too, wanted to kill Yoshihiko at first after telling Yoshihiko all his stories. However, he didn't kill him and helps Yoshihiko in his journey.

Merebu
Merebu is a weak wizard and casts only useless spells, but Yoshihiko really admires him and so Merebu joins them. He may seem like an idiot but Merebu is most aware of what is happening around them so I like him for that. He's useless in spells but he is the most knowledgeable.

Hotoke (I'm not sure but I think it's the Buddha himself)
Hotoke guides the four people in their quest to defeat the Devil. However, his instructions are vague and it doesn't help Yoshihiko much. Hotoke often slutters in his speech and takes a long time just to finish his instruction. I don't think he's serious at all, LOL.

Hisa 
Hisa is Yoshihiko's sister. She was left in the village but she worries about her brother's safety so she followed him wherever he went. Hisa has a large closet of clothes, I think ..

Well, one can expect lots of jokes and funny scenes in this drama. There wasn't one episode that I didn't laugh at and I enjoyed the whole series, even though I wasn't really satisfied with the ending.

It's a low-budget production so most of the monsters are created by props. They're actually quite good at it. I also noticed that whenever they talked to Hotoke, they're always at the same location, although they already went to the north, south, east, or west. Means, they took at the shots of talking to Hotoke in one location.

And even the plot is set in ancient times, the contents in this drama isn't necessarily ancient either. Anyway, the drama is also filled random things, so there are many times I got 'zhadao-ed'. Don't know what is 'zhadao'? Too bad for you.

There is a second season and it's called Yuusha Yoshihiko to Akuryo no Kagi. It's 100 years after the first season but all the characters are the same. I'm going to watch it.

Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro and Yuusha Yoshihiko to Akuryo no Kagi can be both watched at Dramacrazy.net. 

This website is awesome, I have been looking for a website that has all Japanese dramas with English subtitles. They also have a lot of Korean dramas. Taiwanese, Hong Kong, Chinese dramas are also available, I think, though they're not really popular.


---

I should have remembered, that five years ago, I already realized that it doesn't matter if I spoke or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts about HTTYD: The Hidden World

The Handsome Side Of Biology.

Ballet Grade 6