Ballet ~

As you can see, me is learning ballet. And many people asked questions about ballet and I decided to post everything here.

---

How is the word "ballet" pronounced?

Bælei. I don't think it's ball-let.

How many grades are there in the ballet syllabus?

If you're taking Children's Grade, Performing Grade and also Major Grade, there will be 17 grades, I guess.

There's Pre-Primary, Primary and Grade 1 to 5 in Children's Grade.

Grade 6 to 8 in Performing Grade.

Intermediate Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced Foundation, Advanced 1, Advanced 2, and two other grades that I am not familiar with in Major Grade.

So, what are the difference?

Children's Grade are more simpler and easier. If doesn't matter if you fail in your exams, you still can continue to the next grade. But it's quite impossible to fail.

Performing Grade is also easy, but it needs lots of expression. This grade was created later for people who didn't really go through all the grades in Children's Grade.

Major Grade is HARD. The standard always gets higher and higher. You really have to work for it and practise. Once you fail a grade, you have to retake it again next year. And the fees for the examination is high too. =/

When can you go en pointe?

You can go en pointe (or on point) when you reach the Intermediate Foundation grade in Major Grade. En pointe is really important because if you fail that section, you fail the whole grade. It's cruel.

Can you go en pointe now?

I CAN'T go en pointe without my pointe shoes. Even if I learned going en pointe that doesn't mean I can go en pointe in whatever shoes I wear.



The front part of the shoes is hard and that allows us to stand on our toes. But it will get softer after wearing the shoe for a long time. If you can point your toes really well, the shoes get softer even faster.

Does it hurts when you go en pointe?

OF COURSE. Try standing on your toes and that explains all. But you will get used to it sooner or later. You can ease the pain by wearing toe pads.

There's still other materials for toe pad. Mine is made of sillicones.

When I wore my first pair of pointe shoes, my teacher won't allow us to wear toe pads. She wanted us to experience the pain. Yes, the dreadful pain. You will get blisters, and your toes will bleeeeed.

Worse of all, you MIGHT lose one or two toe nails. I lost both of my big toe nails but luckily it didn't hurt, don't know why.

Do boys go en pointe too?

No, they don't go en pointe. Instead they do high jumps and staying in air for few seconds. There's once I asked this question to brother's friend who is learning ballet and I realized how stupid I am XD

If you really want to see male dancers in tutus and en pointe, go check out Men in Tutus. I wanted to watch it but I didn't D:

Is learning ballet good?

In my opinion, it's really good. It helps your posture a lot. By learning ballet, you can train your flexibilty, stamina and awareness. And if you learn ballet, gymnastic, ice skating or other kind of dances seems to be easier.

But, the price of learning ballet is really scary. As you go to higher grades, the prices get higher. Everyone month, I have to pay RM290. And not to mention the shoes, it costs RM123 for just one pair of soft pointes.

- END OF QUESTIONS-

People also asked me how long I learned ballet. I started ballet when I was five and it's already nine years from then. Next year, it's going to be the tenth year of me learning ballet.

I don't think I will be quiting after learning ballet for so long. I love dancing and there's nothing you can do to seperate me and ballet ;_;

I.LOVE.DANCE <3

---

I have started a new manga. And what about My Girl Boyfriend? I don't think I will continue it anymore. I think it's crap and I can't bare to see it anymore. ACK, it happened to me once again! I can never complete a manga!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts about HTTYD: The Hidden World

The Handsome Side Of Biology.

Ballet Grade 6